5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fundamental orality
- a warriors, soliders
- b religions were first based on the oral recitation
- c "duty" social and varna duty
- d priestly caste
- e the seers, wrote the vedas
5 Multiple choice questions
- person, primordial, sacrafices himself into the caste. Four parts. Head, arms, legs, and feet.
- "wealth, status"
- "ignorance" we refuse to see that atman and brahman are the same
- first-order, that which is considered to be original or primary somehow.
5 True/False questions
Krishna → in Hinduism, the seventh incarnation of the god Vishnu
exegesis → a close reading of a selection of texts, payings special attention to word choice.
varna → "color" caste
Daivi Vak → hindu concept, god's word is around us all the time; we need only to tune into it.
The Four Aims of Dvija → Student, Householder, Forest dweller, and World-renouncer/ascetic