5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fundamental orality
- a religions were first based on the oral recitation
- b a sacraficial fire, supposed to be a mouth to the gods. There is one kept in the temple, in the school, and in the home.
- c in Hinduism, the seventh incarnation of the god Vishnu
- d a close reading of a selection of texts, payings special attention to word choice.
- e bring specific goals to the process of interpretation
5 Multiple choice questions
- the seers, wrote the vedas
- hindu concept, god's word is around us all the time; we need only to tune into it.
- "duty" social and varna duty
- "wealth, status"
- "action," what goes around comes around. Do good deeds now and you will reach moksha or return as a higher caste.
5 True/False questions
varna → "action," what goes around comes around. Do good deeds now and you will reach moksha or return as a higher caste.
The Four Stages of Life → Student, Householder, Forest dweller, and World-renouncer/ascetic
canon → "casta" portuegese for class
mantra → chant, sometimes untranslatable. The one who speaks them recieves power from the chants.
Brahma → god, a ground of being, not personified, no human qualities