5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Charles Lyell
- a describes a characteristic that is influenced by many genes
- b (Father of modern geology)
- Wrote "Principles of Geology"
explained that processes occurring now have shaped Earth's geological features over long periods of time
- c a specific sequence of three adjacent bases on a strand of DNA or RNA that provides genetic code information for a particular amino acid
- d (genetics) cell division that produces reproductive cells in sexually reproducing organisms
- e - Hypothesis by George Cuvier
The view that most of earth's geological features are the result of large-scale catastrophes such as floods, volcanic eruptions, etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Similarity in characteristics resulting from a shared ancestry.
- sequence of DNA that codes for a protein and thus determines a trait
- , A segment of DNA on a chromosome that codes for a specific trait
- is the idea that the geologic processes that operate today also operated in the past
- ability of an organism to survive and reproduce in its environment
- the number of times an allele occurs in a gene pool, compared to the total number of alleles in that pool for the same gene
5 True/False questions
Linnaeus → (Father of Taxonomy) Developed the classification (taxonomy) of plants and animals. Grouped life forms on imilarities and idfferences in their physical characteristic. Differences of life forms as a part of the Creator's orderly plan.
Fixity of Species → the notion that species, once created, can never change; an idea diametrically opposed to theories of biological evolution
John Ray → Similarity in characteristics resulting from a shared ancestry.
Somatic Cell → (biology) taxonomic group whose members can interbreed
Philosophie Zoologique → evolution resulting from small specific genetic changes that can lead to a new subspecies
- evolution on the smallest scale—a generation-to-generation change in the frequencies of alleles within a population