Create an account
Simple cell division
- 2 daughter cells (each have full set of genetic material)
- enzymes break the bonds between basis throughout the DNA molecule
- exposed basis attract unnattached DNA nucleotides
- each base can only pair with one other
- new strands are formed its basis join the base of the original strand
- finished product: 2 double stranded DNA molecules exactly like the original, each consisting of one original chain joined to the newly formed chain
- the 2 strands of the DNA molecule are separated
- each strand serves as a template for a new strand
- while separated, unnattached nucleotides are attracted to the free ends of attached nucleotides
- a new strand is formed and replication is complete
- created 2 new brand new identical strands
in genetics, referencing to the fact that DNA bases from pairs (called base pairs) in a precise manner. For example, adenine can bond only to thymine. these two basis are said to be complimentary because one requires the other to form a complete DNA base pair
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together