5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Neutrality Act made it so the President couldn't sell arms, make loans, or give assistance to any nation at war. The goal was to keep the U.S. at peace.
- totalitarian state
- Roosevelt died, so Truman took over.
- total war
- Mussolini was an ally to Hitler
- a What significant event occurred in the U.S. after the invasion of Germany?
- b a conflict involving not just armies, but the entire nation.
- c What did the Neutrality Act of 1935 do? What was the its goal
- d Why was Mussolini's dismissal a blow to Hitler?
- e a nation in which a single party controls the government and every aspect of people's lives
5 Multiple choice questions
- What convinced American war planners that a full-scale invasion of Japan was necessary?
- What 2 events in Europe and North Africa started to move the war in the Allies favor?
- What was the new form of warfare at the Battle of the Coral Sea?
- How did women serve in the armed forces during WWII?
- What was the Nazi-Soviet Pact of 1939?
5 True/False questions
The beliefs of militarists in Japan were like Hitler's Nazis because one race thought they were better than the rest. → Why did the king of Italy appoint Mussolini prime minister?
intern → temporarily imprison
People started to believe the the democratic government was not strong enough to continue their problems → What circumstances allowed dictators to take power in some European countries?
Josef Stalin → In 1929 he was a sole dictator of the Soviet Union and made the Soviet Union a totalitarian state
economic depression → the deliberate attempt to wipe out an entire nation or ethnic group