5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Soviet beat Germans in and around Stalingrad in Russia. British defeated German forces in Egypt.
- Opposing ships didn't get to see each other. Instead. airplanes would fly off of them and attack the other ship.
- America stopped giving Japan steel, iron, and oil.
- Josef Stalin
- a What was the new form of warfare at the Battle of the Coral Sea?
- b suicide pilots crash their planes into enemies ships
- c In 1929 he was a sole dictator of the Soviet Union and made the Soviet Union a totalitarian state
- d What prompted Japan to attack Pearl Harbor?
- e What 2 events in Europe and North Africa started to move the war in the Allies favor?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the Lend-Lease law?
- What did Hitler do when the Soviets invaded Berlin?
- What promise did MacArthur keep in the Pacific?
- What lay at the core of Nazi beliefs?
- Mexican laborers in the U.S.
5 True/False questions
totalitarian state → a nation in which a single party controls the government and every aspect of people's lives
Many American, British, and Canadian troops crossed the English Channel. → What was D-Day?
Germany, Italy, and Japan. → Who led the Axis powers?
Germany conquered Denmark, Netherlands, Luxemborg, Belgium, France, Poland and Austria. → What countries had Germany conquered by June, of 1940?
economic depression → a period when business activity slows, prices and wages drop, and unemployment rises