5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Japan would not give up, and would rather die than give up.
- Millions of jobs opened up in factories Minority workers got jobs where they were rejected before.
- Roosevelt died, so Truman took over.
- Harry S. Truman
- total war
- a How did the war end the Great Depression?
- b What significant event occurred in the U.S. after the invasion of Germany?
- c What convinced American war planners that a full-scale invasion of Japan was necessary?
- d Inexperienced high-officer, used the atomic bomb on Japan. VP of Roosevelt
- e a conflict involving not just armies, but the entire nation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What 2 events in Europe and North Africa started to move the war in the Allies favor?
- a political system based on militarism, extreme nationalism, and blind loyalty to the state and its leader
- How did Roosevelt get around the Neutrality Act and manage to help Britain?
- Why was Hitler unable to conquer Britain?
- What did the attack on Pearl Harbor lead the U.S., Germany, and Italy to do?
5 True/False questions
All Holocaust survivors had a number tattoed on thei arm. → What did all Holocaust death camp survivors have with them until they died?
American and British troops wanted to remove Italy from the war so Germany would be alone. → What was D-Day?
The Executive Order 9066 temporarily imprisoned about 110,000 Japanese-Americans for the duration of the war. → What was Executive Order 9066?
People like Poles, Slavs, Gypsies, communists, and disabled people were targeted by Nazis. → What people were targeted by the Nazi's during the Holocaust?
Victory in Japan → What was V-J Day?