5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Soviet beat Germans in and around Stalingrad in Russia. British defeated German forces in Egypt.
- island hopping
- Germany, Italy, and Japan.
- a What 2 events in Europe and North Africa started to move the war in the Allies favor?
- b American forces would capture some Japanese-held islands and go around others
- c the deliberate attempt to wipe out an entire nation or ethnic group
- d Mexican laborers in the U.S.
- e Who led the Axis powers?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Where did the U.S. drop the atomic bombs?
- Why was Mussolini's dismissal a blow to Hitler?
- President Roosevelt was the first president to do what?
- What was the goal of American and British troops in Italy?
- How were the beliefs of the militarists in Japan like Hitler's Nazis?
5 True/False questions
Along with Japanese-Americans, German-Americans, Italian-Americans, and African-Americans faced restrictions. → What other groups faced wartime restrictions due to their ethnicity?
Germany was now open on the east and west, and also running low on men. → What was V-E Day?
They were code talkers, so no one else understood their language. → What was Hitler's "final solution to the Jewish problem"?
The king of Italy haf Mussolini become prime minister because Mussolini threatened to over throw Italy's government → Why were Navajo soldiers so important to the victories in the Pacific?
Go into war against or with Japan so they helped by being allies. → What did the attack on Pearl Harbor lead the U.S., Germany, and Italy to do?