5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Autonomic Nervous System (ANS)
- requirements of experimental design
- Independent variable
- How neurons communicate
- a Synapse is the junction or region between the axon of one neuron and the dendrites, or cell body of another. There is a small synaptic space between them across which information is transmitted. The transmission of information across the synapse is fundamental to communication between neurons, a process that allows us to think, feel, and behave.
- b a set o f nerves that carries involuntary and automatic commands that control blood vessels, body organs, and glands. has two major subdivisions: Sympathetic (stressful) and Parasympathetic (relaxed).
- c Manipulation and random assignment
- d the variable that is manipulated in an experiment
- e Used in personality tests and can be administered in a computer or pen-and-paper format. Typically test-takers are presented with a number of questions or statements and are then asked to select the response that best describes them. These inventories are popular because they allow researchers to collect a great deal of information quickly and easily (surveys)
5 Multiple choice questions
- respects animal rights and treat them humanely
- Answer to basic questions:What do people do and why they do it
- Sigmund Freud's approach to understanding human behavior that emphasizes the importance of unconscious mental processes in shaping feelings, thoughts, and behaviors
- insulating layer of fatty material
- theory that specific mental abilities and characteristics, ranging from memory to the capacity for happiness, are localized in specific regions of the brain
5 True/False questions
common measures of central tendency → mean, median, and mode
Base Rate → the highest level of the brain and is critical for complex, cognitive, emotional, sensory, and motor functions; divided into two parts- the cerebral cortex and underlying subcortical structures
Axon → transmits information to other neurons, muscles, or glands
Frontal lobe → a region of the cerebral cortex that has specialized areas for movement, abstract thinking, planning, memory, judgment
Respect Truth → psychologists are obligated to tell the truth about their studies, share credit appropriately, and grant others access to their data.