5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Children with disabilities especially benefit from this type of instruction.
- This technique is a way to take notes through pictures as an association elaborative rehearsal technique
- The Advance Organizer was developed by...
- People are generally more likely to be __________confident about what they know rather than ________confident.
- Techniques for Elaborative Rehearsal; this technique is where you use "chunking" by charts, organizers, color, mind maps, order of presentation, introduction/summaries/key ideas
- a David Ausubel
- b over/under (with regards to studying this means that people need to learn and re-learn things because they often think they know more than they do).
- c Picture Noting
- d Direct Instruction
- e organization
5 Multiple choice questions
- Consequences (reinforcement and punishment), schedules and reinforcement, extinction, generalization, discrimination, spontaneous recovery, (and) shaping.
- Create a New Direct Analogy (Found animals that were both dependable and changing; butterfly, chameleon, dog, baby kangaroo, bird, mosquito)
- Students Generate Examples (RACECAR is a palindrome!)
- Describe Personal Analogies (when we took the specific vehicle of the Magic School Bus and thought of how it would be to be the magic school bus)
5 True/False questions
This theorist of psychology would have been a fan of constructivism → Discrepant Event
Responding similarly to similar stimuli, if boat has a long "o" sound, coat also probably has a long "o" sound. → Generalization
Techniques for Elaborative Rehearsal; this technique is where you associate things to information using, pictures, picture noting (visuals/examples), color, songs, stories → association
The third step of the inquiry process is... → Teacher Categorizes ideas (What have we found out objects, events, conditions)
Schedule of Reinforcement; (Intermittent) Reinforcement after a pre-determined, time interval → Intermittent