5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Advance Organizer was developed by...
- In the information processing model, in this memory store there are so many stimuli coming in from the outside word, we make a subconscious selection as to what we will take in and recognize.
- People are generally more likely to be __________confident about what they know rather than ________confident.
- Thinking about this is important when considering memory.
- Techniques for Elaborative Rehearsal; this technique is where you use contects, senses-writing, visualizing, saying, hearing, cooperative learning
- a miscellaneous
- b Sensory Register, Maintenance Rehearsal, Elaborative Rehearsal
- c meaning
- d over/under (with regards to studying this means that people need to learn and re-learn things because they often think they know more than they do).
- e David Ausubel
5 Multiple choice questions
- Variable Ratio
- Johnson and Johnson
- Joyce (and) Weil
5 True/False questions
Skinner put a rat in a box and if he touched a bar he got food, then over time, through re-inforcement, the rat would learn to repeat that activity this experiment tested the idea of... → Operant Conditioning
The first step of the inquiry process is... → Discrepant Event
The second step of Synectics is... → Create Direct Analogies (this was in class when we took the descriptions of childhood and listed off vehicles that related to the descriptions of the topic)
The fifth step of Synectics is... → Identify Compressed Conflicts (Finding characteristics of the magic school bus that are opposite)
Constructivism can be looked at in two different ways... → Discrepant Event