5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Appomattox Court House
- martial law
- Fort Wagner
- a A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
- b Rule by the army instead of the elected government.
- c Virginia town that was the site of the Confederate surrender in 1865.
- d 54th Massachusetts Regiment led an attack at the fort located near Charleston, SC in 1863.
- e A person who takes advantage of a crisis to make money.
5 Multiple choice questions
- One of the most famous African American units in the Union.
- The right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime.
- The most famous speech Lincoln ever gave at the memorial to the Battle of Gettysburge in 1863.
- Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
- Lincoln's 1863 declaration freeing slaves in the Confederacy.
5 True/False questions
Battle of Fredericksburg → Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
siege → Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
border states → Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
Battle of Antietam → Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
The Monitor → Union war ship which used to be named the USS Merrimack. First ironclad ship in the Confederacy.