5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Antietam
- Pickett's Charge
- martial law
- Battle of Bull Run
- a to free
- b Showed both the Union and Confederacy that their soldiers needed training and that the war would be long.
- c No clear winner, but the Union claimed victory. Northern morale increased. Considered to be the bloodiest one-day battle in U.S history.
- d A failed Confederate charge at the Battle of Gettysburge.
- e Rule by the army instead of the elected government.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
- Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
- Virginia town that was the site of the Confederate surrender in 1865.
- A tax on people's earnings.
- Lincoln's 1863 declaration freeing slaves in the Confederacy.
5 True/False questions
Battle of Chancellorsville → Three day battle in which Confederate troops were exposed to heavy fire from the Union army. The battle ended in a Union victory and a turning point in the war.
Battle of Gettysburge → Three day battle in which Confederate troops were exposed to heavy fire from the Union army. The battle ended in a Union victory and a turning point in the war.
habeas corpus → The right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime.
profiteers → Law passed in 1863. All able bodied males between ages 20 to 45 are rquired serve in the military if they are called.
inflation → to free