5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Emancipation Proclamation
- martial law
- Battle of Shiloh
- Gettysburge Address
- a Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
- b The most famous speech Lincoln ever gave at the memorial to the Battle of Gettysburge in 1863.
- c Lincoln's 1863 declaration freeing slaves in the Confederacy.
- d Law passed in 1863. All able bodied males between ages 20 to 45 are rquired serve in the military if they are called.
- e Rule by the army instead of the elected government.
5 Multiple choice questions
- No clear winner, but the Union claimed victory. Northern morale increased. Considered to be the bloodiest one-day battle in U.S history.
- The Union's ironclad ship
- The right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime.
- Showed both the Union and Confederacy that their soldiers needed training and that the war would be long.
- A tax on people's earnings.
5 True/False questions
Pickett's Charge → Virginia town that was the site of the Confederate surrender in 1865.
Fort Wagner → All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.
The Virginia → Union war ship which used to be named the USS Merrimack. First ironclad ship in the Confederacy.
border states → Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
54th Massachusetts Regiment → One of the most famous African American units in the Union.