5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- income tax
- border states
- Appomattox Court House
- Battle of Shiloh
- a Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
- b Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
- c A tax on people's earnings.
- d Virginia town that was the site of the Confederate surrender in 1865.
- e Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
5 Multiple choice questions
- One of the most famous African American units in the Union.
- Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
- Rule by the army instead of the elected government.
- A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
- A failed Confederate charge at the Battle of Gettysburge.
5 True/False questions
Battle of Bull Run → Showed both the Union and Confederacy that their soldiers needed training and that the war would be long.
habeas corpus → The right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime.
Battle of Chancellorsville → Conderate army won the three day battle. "Stonewall" Jackson was accidently shot by friendly fire and died from wounds.
Emancipation Proclamation → Lincoln's 1863 declaration freeing slaves in the Confederacy.
draft → Law passed in 1863. All able bodied males between ages 20 to 45 are rquired serve in the military if they are called.