5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- total war
- Battle of Chancellorsville
- Fort Wagner
- a Conderate army won the three day battle. "Stonewall" Jackson was accidently shot by friendly fire and died from wounds.
- b to free
- c 54th Massachusetts Regiment led an attack at the fort located near Charleston, SC in 1863.
- d Law passed in 1863. All able bodied males between ages 20 to 45 are rquired serve in the military if they are called.
- e All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A failed Confederate charge at the Battle of Gettysburge.
- Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
- The Union's ironclad ship
- Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
- Union war ship which used to be named the USS Merrimack. First ironclad ship in the Confederacy.
5 True/False questions
Battle of Gettysburge → Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
Battle of Bull Run → Showed both the Union and Confederacy that their soldiers needed training and that the war would be long.
inflation → to free
54th Massachusetts Regiment → One of the most famous African American units in the Union.
Copperheads → Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware