5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- Battle of Chancellorsville
- The Virginia
- Battle of Antietam
- a A person who takes advantage of a crisis to make money.
- b Conderate army won the three day battle. "Stonewall" Jackson was accidently shot by friendly fire and died from wounds.
- c No clear winner, but the Union claimed victory. Northern morale increased. Considered to be the bloodiest one-day battle in U.S history.
- d Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
- e Union war ship which used to be named the USS Merrimack. First ironclad ship in the Confederacy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
- A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
- Law passed in 1863. All able bodied males between ages 20 to 45 are rquired serve in the military if they are called.
- All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.
- 54th Massachusetts Regiment led an attack at the fort located near Charleston, SC in 1863.
5 True/False questions
Battle of Gettysburge → Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
emanciaption → A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
Gettysburge Address → The most famous speech Lincoln ever gave at the memorial to the Battle of Gettysburge in 1863.
income tax → A tax on people's earnings.
Appomattox Court House → Virginia town that was the site of the Confederate surrender in 1865.