5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fort Wagner
- Pickett's Charge
- Battle of Chancellorsville
- Appomattox Court House
- a A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
- b A failed Confederate charge at the Battle of Gettysburge.
- c Virginia town that was the site of the Confederate surrender in 1865.
- d 54th Massachusetts Regiment led an attack at the fort located near Charleston, SC in 1863.
- e Conderate army won the three day battle. "Stonewall" Jackson was accidently shot by friendly fire and died from wounds.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A tax on people's earnings.
- Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
- Lincoln's 1863 declaration freeing slaves in the Confederacy.
- The most famous speech Lincoln ever gave at the memorial to the Battle of Gettysburge in 1863.
- Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
5 True/False questions
draft → Law passed in 1863. All able bodied males between ages 20 to 45 are rquired serve in the military if they are called.
habeas corpus → The right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime.
The Virginia → Union war ship which used to be named the USS Merrimack. First ironclad ship in the Confederacy.
The Monitor → The Union's ironclad ship
Battle of Gettysburge → Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.