5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Shiloh
- income tax
- a Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
- b A tax on people's earnings.
- c Law passed in 1863. All able bodied males between ages 20 to 45 are rquired serve in the military if they are called.
- d to free
- e A person who takes advantage of a crisis to make money.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Conderate army won the three day battle. "Stonewall" Jackson was accidently shot by friendly fire and died from wounds.
- Virginia town that was the site of the Confederate surrender in 1865.
- Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
- The Union's ironclad ship
- Three day battle in which Confederate troops were exposed to heavy fire from the Union army. The battle ended in a Union victory and a turning point in the war.
5 True/False questions
border states → Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
54th Massachusetts Regiment → One of the most famous African American units in the Union.
Emancipation Proclamation → to free
Pickett's Charge → Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
Battle of Antietam → No clear winner, but the Union claimed victory. Northern morale increased. Considered to be the bloodiest one-day battle in U.S history.