5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- habeas corpus
- Battle of Antietam
- Emancipation Proclamation
- a Law passed in 1863. All able bodied males between ages 20 to 45 are rquired serve in the military if they are called.
- b Lincoln's 1863 declaration freeing slaves in the Confederacy.
- c The right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime.
- d A person who takes advantage of a crisis to make money.
- e No clear winner, but the Union claimed victory. Northern morale increased. Considered to be the bloodiest one-day battle in U.S history.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
- Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
- Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
- Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
- Conderate army won the three day battle. "Stonewall" Jackson was accidently shot by friendly fire and died from wounds.
5 True/False questions
total war → Rule by the army instead of the elected government.
martial law → All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.
Battle of Shiloh → Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
inflation → A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
The Virginia → Union war ship which used to be named the USS Merrimack. First ironclad ship in the Confederacy.