5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- income tax
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- total war
- a A person who takes advantage of a crisis to make money.
- b All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.
- c Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
- d Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
- e A tax on people's earnings.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
- Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
- The most famous speech Lincoln ever gave at the memorial to the Battle of Gettysburge in 1863.
- The right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime.
- Rule by the army instead of the elected government.
5 True/False questions
Pickett's Charge → A failed Confederate charge at the Battle of Gettysburge.
Copperheads → Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
54th Massachusetts Regiment → Three day battle in which Confederate troops were exposed to heavy fire from the Union army. The battle ended in a Union victory and a turning point in the war.
Emancipation Proclamation → Lincoln's 1863 declaration freeing slaves in the Confederacy.
Battle of Bull Run → Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.