5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Using this kind of automatic exposure setting on the camera, you set the aperture and the camera sets the shutter speed
- In a 2:1 ratio, the shadow side of the subject would meter at X stop(s) less than the highlight side
- How much resolution do you need for: Internet? Newspaper? Photographic print? Glossy magazine?
- Generally, traditional portraits use what lighting ratio?
- The greatest tonal range from black to white is achievable on what kind of paper?
- a One stop less
- b Aperture-Priority
- c Internet = 72 dpi; Newspaper = 150 dpi; Photographic print = 240-300 dpi; Gloss magazine = 400 dpi
- d 3:1 or 4:1
- e Glossy paper
5 Multiple choice questions
- Use negative exposure compensation (underexpose). The meter will attempt to make the dark scene 18% grey, underexpose to bring it back to dark.
- Black. Subtractive primaries are Magenta, Yellow, Cyan
5 True/False questions
To emphasize texture in a portrait, what kind of light source is recommended? → Diffused front lighting
Whenever another image is copied or moved into a file, Photoshop automatically creates what? → sRGB
Printers use what set of colors? → Whenever you have two of something (i.e Body parts) put them on slightly different levels
What angle of view does a spot meter read? → Maybe as little as 0.5 degrees or 1 degree
When the additive primaries are mixed together equally, what is created? → Similar to a normal lens at about 30 degrees