5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- burst mode
- matrix metering
- This technique allows you to keep a subject that is moving toward you well focused
- Command + S
- a Save metadata to file
- b A system of exposure calculation that looks at many different segments of an image to determine the brightest and darkest portions, the base f/stop, and shutter speed on settings derived from a database of images stored in the camera's firmware.
- c Follow focus
- d A kind of chart showing the relationship of tones in an image using a series of 256 vertical bars, one for each brightness level. A histogram chart, such as the ones the camera can display during picture review, typically looks like a curve with one or more slopes and peaks, depending on how many highlight, midtone, and shadow tones are present in the image. The camera can also display separate histograms for the red, green and blue channels of an image.
- e The digital camera's equivalent of the film camera's motor drive, used to take multiple shots within a short period of time, each stored in a memory buffer temporarily before writing them to the media.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A measure of the degree of response of a film or sensor to light, measured using the ISO setting.
- Memory card / flash card / compact flash card
- The module in a camera that electronically converts the analog information captured by the camera's sensor into digital bits that can be stored as an image.
- One of two color space choices offered by the typical dSLR. Adobe RGB is an expanded color space useful for commercial and professional printing, and it can reproduce a larger number of colors. Most vendors recommend against using this color space if your images will be displayed primarily on your computer screen or output by your personal printer.
- Broad lighting
5 True/False questions
As the aperture becomes smaller, what happens to the depth of field? → bend toward each other and converge at the focal point.
Add a layer's pixels to a selection → Command-Shift-click layer thumbnail
flash sync → The ability of recent cameras to provide a real-time preview image, as seen by the sensor, on the rear-panel color LCD, achieved by flipping up the mirror and opening the shutter.
What do the bars on the left of a histogram represent? → Black (0)
Command + ; → Check spelling