5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the site of synthesis and cell type for somatotrophin?
- Releasing factors and Inhibitory factors travel from hypothalamus via ______________ to the median eminences where they enter the _______________ to go to the anterior pituitary?
- a Target cells- uterus and mammary glands
- b having an affinity for water; readily absorbing or dissolving in water; implies lipophobic
- c a hormone produced by the placenta prior to labor, causes the ligaments within the pelvis to loosen
- d Hypothalamic Hypophyseal Tracts
Hypothalamic Hypophyseal Portal Systems
- e anterior lobe of the pituitary by Somatotrophes in the Pars Distalis
5 Multiple choice questions
- antagonist to inhibin: enhances FSH biosynthesis and secretion, and participates in the regulation of the menstrual cycle
- usually a tumor
- Excess Growth Hormone
- Adrenal Medulla
5 True/False questions
Relaxin → GI Tract (Gastrointestinal Tract)
Norepinephrine → noradrenaline; chemical which is excitatory, similar to adrenaline, and affects arousal and memory; raises blood pressure by causing blood vessels to become constricted
A type of competitive binding in which the binding substance is an antibody. → radioimmunoassay
Calcitriol → A hormone secreted by the small intestine (duodenum) in response to low pH (e.g., from stomach acid). It promotes the release of bicarbonate from the pancreas to act as a buffer.
tractus solitarius, vagal nuclei → hypothalamus cells reacting to decrease glucose