5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Daylight is approximately what color temperature?
- What is focal length, technically?
- All objects beyond the closest distance in focus will be sharp when this appears within the DOF scale
- Cyan is composed of equal parts of what two colors?
- This light modifier can be used to spotlight a specific area of the subject or background.
- a 5,000 Kelvin
- b Snoot
- c The distance between the lens rear nodal point and the focal plane when the lens is focused at infinity.
- d Infinity
- e Blue & Green
5 Multiple choice questions
- To create a 1-stop difference, multiply the original distance by 1.4. Example - if you were originally 5 feet away, a 1-stop difference would have you step back to 7 feet.
- 1 or 2, depending on the lens, could be 2 to 3.
- Add green
5 True/False questions
Resolution refers to what? → The number of pixels per unit of length in a image
What is TTL? → 1) Magnification, or the size of the subject; 2) Angle of view
What are the three main factors that affect depth of field? → Aperture, focal length, and distance to the subject
What is a color profile? → Also called a gobo; it is a small panel usually mounted on a stand that shades some part of the subject or shields the lens from light that could cause flare
What is the usable exposure range, or range of subject brightness called? → Creates deep shadows in eye pockets, under nose, and chin.