5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does side lighting emphasize on a subject or surface?
- Most lenses are sharpest closed down to how many stops from the widest?
- In a curves adjustment layer, what does the shape of the curve indicate?
- What is the color temperature of direct sunlight?
- The area of acceptable sharpness in an image is called what?
- a Depth of field
- b 1 or 2, depending on the lens, could be 2 to 3.
- c Direct sun at 5400 to 6,500 Kelvin
- d Contrast
- e emphasizes textures
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1-1/2 to 2 stops
- Absorbs equal quantities of all wavelengths of light. It allows you to use wider apertures or slower shutter speeds without changing color balance.
- Hue, Luminance, Saturation
5 True/False questions
An in-camera reflected meter reading a very dark scene indicates an exposure of 1/250th at f/8. For a correct exposure, what should you do? → Use positive exposure compensation (overexposure). A reflected meter reading will attempt to make the scene 18% gray - employ overexposure to adjust.
A 1:1 lighting ratio produces what lighting result? → Flat lighting
8 bits per pixel gives you how many colors? → 256
What does the term "stop" mean? → The intensity of the illumination is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from light to subject. At twice the distance from the subject, the light illuminates only 1/4 of the original.
In the 20th century, black & white photographers used the Zone system to tame excessive contrast. Now, digital photographers use what? → High Dynamic Range