5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the term used to describe data contained in a digital image?
- What is burning?
- A histogram shows what in an image?
- What is a flag?
- In a curves adjustment layer, what does the shape of the curve indicate?
- a Contrast
- b The brightness values of all the pixels in an image illustrated as a graph numbering from 0 to 255.
- c Also called a gobo; it is a small panel usually mounted on a stand that shades some part of the subject or shields the lens from light that could cause flare
- d Selectively increasing print exposure, which will make select parts of the image darker
- e Metadata
5 Multiple choice questions
- No change. The EXPOSURE doesn't change or it would also change the background as well. Move the lights to adjust.
- A high contrast image
- Through the Lens. A camera that can automatically control flash exposure using sensors inside the camera.
- To create a 1-stop difference, multiply the original distance by 1.4. Example - if you were originally 5 feet away, a 1-stop difference would have you step back to 7 feet.
- Interpolated resolution can be generated by Photoshop or any image editing software to increase print size resolution.
5 True/False questions
This type of data backup system is fault-tolerant because it creates and stores redundant data → Short lighting.
What two camera controls adjust the amount of light that reaches the sensor? → Black (0)
The rule of thirds necessitates that the composition be divided into a grid of now many equal rectangles or squares? → 9
What is the Aperture in a lens? → A RAW file that has been altered
Maximum depth of field at a given aperture is achieved by focusing at what? → Relative aperture. The opening on a long lens must be larger than a corresponding opening on a short lens to produce the same f-stops.