Quizlet is humming along as usual. Here are some cool announcements:
- Quizlet reached 10,000 users on Wednesday, March 16. Not too bad for 56 days of existence.
- I just added a wave of new improvements to Quizlet. Read on.
- I'm entering Quizlet for the Davidson Fellows scholarship. So far, I've written 2.5/4 essays and recorded my video. Wish me luck! (I'll hope to post my video on YouTube soon.)
For the Davidson scholarship, I'm compiling a list of good testimonials to send them. If Quizlet helps you out, you can help ME out by sending in a testimonial. Much appreciated!
UPDATE: Hmm, I just gave the testimonials some more thought. It would be really cool if people created video testimonials about Quizlet. I know that's a lot to ask - the reason is that I have to prepare this ~15 minute video about Quizlet and I don't want to just be a talking head. How awesome would it be to have user testimonials included with the video? If you're up for it, upload your video to YouTube (or whatever) and post a link in the comments. No longer than a minute would be best. Thanks!
Okay, now what you really want to see:
- Added customizable symbols (formerly called accents). Customize your own on your user preferences page.
- Fixed the "Ignore Spaces" option which was completely busted.
- Added [square brackets] to the "Ignore stuff in parentheses" option and got rid of the bug that marked answers wrong when they should have been right.
- Added a good print stylesheet so that printing pages on Quizlet now looks nice. This is especially useful if you want to print from the Test page.
- Fixed some bugs in Test page grading when you have multiple correct answers for each term (and vice versa).
- Create Set/Edit Set page [+] and [-] buttons should show on the same line now.
- Random sets! Click on the Random Set link on the right side of the home page or browse page. It lets you continue random-surfing if you don't like the first random set you see. Cool!
- Added "Topics" on the Browse page for languages, tests, science, and other stuff.
The suggestions everyone has been sending in have been wonderful. My next big project is to redo the Learn page completely, converting it to mootools and making it more flexible. Stay tuned on that. I also need to add some additional admin tools for group managers.