Quizlet passed 5000 registered users Monday night, all in just 19 days since launch! As I write this post, the current count is 5327 users, and 290 in the last 24 hours. Thank you to everyone who has blogged about it, referred their friends, and added their contributions to the rapidly growing database of terms.
For those interested, Firas Durri has a fun interview of me on his blog.
On the coming agenda, I have the following improvements:
- Mootools 1.0 upgrade. I'm a little worried about this because of the backwards-compatibility issues. I've upgraded and changed old functions to their new counterparts, but I'm still worried that there might be some wayward problems caused by the upgrade. It's kind of a black box. Upgrading to 1.0 will allow me smoother movement effects, better color effects, and generally greater possibilities for who-knows-what (read: games).
- Saving of testing preferences so that you don't have to reset them every time (Ignore, Prompt, etc.).
- More networking capabilities. I'm working on a networking page that will help you find your friends on Quizlet by entering their email addresses or usernames. Also, it will allow you to invite friends to your groups or Quizlet in general. Should be cool...
- Automatic scroll-to-bottom after adding a new term to the end of a set list.
- Some random bugfixes from feedback reports.
Just to emphasize the last item, the feedback that's been coming in from the feedback bar has been great. I read every one of them, but I can't respond to all of them. It's all very useful, and it's telling me a lot about what's broken and what needs improvement. Thanks to everyone who has sent something in!