If you’re pressed for time, bored, distracted, tired or stuck (if you’re human, that is), try one of these proven strategies:
- Stop and breathe deeply. Then breathe some more. Your brain works much better with oxygen.
- Add music, color, and even scents to your study sessions. Engaging your senses helps your brain retain new information.
- Set a schedule. Even if you’re attending school remotely, developing and sticking to a predictable routine frees up your brain to focus more on learning.
- Take a quick brain break and get moving. Walking boosts energy and productivity.
- If you’re torn between study and sleep, choose sleep. Really. Your brain cannot learn without rest.
- Use your Quizlet app to quickly review content before you go to sleep. While you snooze, your brain creates the neurological connections that help to retain information.