What would the world be like if it were more gender-balanced? How would it change our homes, our communities and even our planet? From opportunity, to access to equal pay and much more, 50/50 Day is committed to helping everyday people become champions and active participants in positive change.
About 50/50 Day
Over 30,000 groups around the world are already signed up for the second annual 50/50 Day happening on April 26th. Thousands of schools, companies, museums, libraries and homes will be hosting free film screenings and tapping into a global online discussion about how we are going to get to a more gender balanced world that is better for everyone.
How to participate
To bring the 50/50 Day discussion to your classroom, school, family and/or community, sign up at 50-50day.org. After registering, you’ll receive guidance and more free resources to organize and prepare for your event. On the day, you’ll be able to:
- Screen the acclaimed 20 minute film 50/50 (watch it here) or watch the new 2 minute film “What if” (premiering on 50/50 day).
- Join a live online Q&A featuring prominent leaders from diverse perspectives discussing how to get to a more gender-balanced world in all sectors of society. View last years lineup here.
- Dive into deeper conversation with the help of printed discussion materials.
Quizlet 50/50 Day resources
50/50 Day has partnered with Quizlet to foster in-class discussion and ongoing learning through free study sets aligned to important themes like culture, identity, politics and the history of feminism.
After screening the 50/50 film, use these sets to:
- Lead a group discussion by projecting key terms as Quizlet Flashcards and having students define and discuss them.
- Play Quizlet Live on this set to break the ice and get students collaborating.
- Keep the learning and conversation going at home, by adding any of these sets to your Quizlet class or classroom website.
Have ideas for lessons incorporating these sets? Share them below (make sure to log in to comment).