This is a contributed post by educator Stephanie Sheridan.
Need a new game to shake things up? Try Quizlet Match relays!
How to play
- Put students in teams of 4 with one device.
- The first player opens up the Quizlet set and launches the Match game.
- All other students huddle around the computer to help the first player. Only the first player may touch the mousepad.
- The goal is to complete the Match game as fast as possible. When a team finishes, everyone must raise their hand. The first team finished gets the highest score, and each subsequent team gets one point less. I have 7 tables in my class, so team one gets 7, team two gets 6, and the last team still gets one point.
- Quickly go around the room and have each team tell you their point amount for that round so you can tally their points before beginning the next round with a new player at the helm. I typically play 4 rounds, so that each person gets one chance "to drive" for the team.
Stephanie has been teaching Spanish since 2006. She is truly passionate about education, and spends a lot of her free time researching new technologies and volunteering in the Latino community. She is also a Quizlet Teacher Ambassador. For more great ideas from Stephanie, check out her blog.