Hey! We have lots of improvements to announce today! In random order:
We’ve started a donations page to let Quizlet users who appreciate our free service to donate towards future improvements to Quizlet. If you find Quizlet useful, please consider donating $10 or more. Donating will also remove all advertising from your account for 1 year. You also get this cool button on your user page:
Improvements to Space Race:
- Words move a little bit slower
- The game now ends when you run out of lives instead of when you miss two words in a row.
- The last answer before the game ends is now displayed.
Your Facebook friends list is now refreshed at regular intervals.
Users who are 13 but were born in the first few months of 1996 were allowed to sign up but not use the site. This is fixed, and we apologize for this annoying problem.
The accents bar now remembers when you turn it off on the Make Flashcards page.
Applications to groups now send group administrators the message the user included in their application.
We’ve updated our Terms of Service to clarify what is and is not acceptable content on Quizlet. We strongly recommend all Quizlet users take a look at this document.
We’re improving our Frequency Asked Questions section and opening the FAQs up to user suggestions, so that users can now add their own information to an FAQ.
We have a lot of projects we’re making progress on. Here are some of the things we’re focusing on:
- The Quizlet iPhone app is making slow and steady progress. It will work offline, and sync with your Quizlet account to download all of your sets. It’s going to be worth the wait.
- Improvements to speed and usefulness of the Search/Content Finding functionality on the site.
- Continuing to improve the Facebook environment on Quizlet, and making it easier to invite and find your friends on Quizlet.
- A top-secret project in collaboration with MIT. You’ll hear more in the next month.
And of course, we’re always working on keeping the site speedy and reliable as Quizlet grows. I almost forgot to mention that there are now more than 400,000 registered Quizlet users, who create more than 100,000 flashcards every day. That’s a lot of studying!
And don't forget to follow us on twitter!
Do these things sound good? Your donation will make them happen faster!
Last thing: We’re looking for a summer intern to work on these projects in San Francisco. More information is coming soon. Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org