January 11 is National Milk Day, commemorating when the first glass bottles of milk were delivered in the United States back in 1878.
To honor today, down a glass of milk while brushing up on a few milk fun facts:
- The Holstein is the most common dairy cow breed
- The main nutrient that makes up milk is water (87%)
- The first milk pasteurization tests were done in 1862 by Louis Pasteur
- The "Got Milk" advertising campaign was launched in 1993, and is considered one of the most successful campaigns in history
- California is the top state in the US for milk production