I just pushed through another big update to Quizlet. I gotta say, it feels good to spend a good hunk of time programming. After all the business stuff I've been doing the past couple weeks, it's refreshing to do something that will directly help users.
What's new today:
- Private messages. They allow you to send individual messages to other members without anyone else seeing. On your dashboard, you'll see a link to your own messages. On other people's pages, you'll see a link to message them. Also, you'll receive a notifying email anytime someone sends you a message. You can turn that off on your preferences page.
- Autosave for creating sets. Ever entered a bunch of data then closed the window? D'oh! Quizlet now saves your data in a cookie every 5 seconds, and lets you restore it or delete it if you revisit the create set page. Note, this is not enabled on the edit set page.
- Sticky accents. If you open the accents bar on one page, it will remember it and open it on all the other pages that use accents. If you click hide on any page, it remembers that too, of course.
- Removed the profanity filter on new sign ups. It was causing some legitimate users to be denied.
- Removed the Real Name field for all users. It shouldn't matter what your name is. All information on peoples' real names has been deleted from the Quizlet database. That makes the sign up form simpler too...
I'm the most excited about the Private Messages, because so far the feedback form has been 100% one-way and I've wanted to thank you for all your suggestions and comments. I'll try to get back to most of them, so keep it coming, as always :)
So, big feature update, there might be some bugs lurking or some improvements necessary. That's why blogs have comments, yo!