The best way to print flashcards
Quizlet is already the best way to study online and now we are also the best way to print flashcards on the web!
We've added a completely new printing interface so you can study on the go.
- larger fonts to print flashcards and study on the go
- print out actual 3x5" index cards
- print a list of terms to fit everything in your pocket
- double-sided flashcards to help save paper
- additional options to alphabetize or flip terms and definitions
Let's dive in!
To begin, click on the "Print" button from any Flashcard page.
New Visual Layout
The new layout shows you what the printout will look like on the left and a full suite of printing options on the right.
Step 1: Choose mode
Select a printing mode. You will see it highlighted in green and can preview the printout on the left side of the page.
- Glossary: terms and definitions side by side — good for cramming lots of info in your pocket.
- Table: terms and definitions in a table — great for studying line-by-line with a covering piece of paper moving down the page.
- Small: 10 flashcards per page.
- Large: 4 flashcards per page.
- 3x5 Index Card: double-sided index cards.
Step 2: Open the file
Click "Open PDF" to open the printing file within your browser. It will look exactly like the preview.
Step 3: How to print
Select File -> Print from the top of your web browser.
With a keyboard you can use Command + "P" on a Mac or Ctrl + "P" on a PC.
- For some students, the simplicity and tangible method of physical flashcards works best. We're pleased to now support that in a comprehensive way.
- Many Quizletters use a mobile app to study on the go, but if you don't want to worry about reception or batteries, printing your study sets is a great option.
- For teachers, printed flashcards can be an alternative fun and interactive way to engage students in the classroom.