- office, agency, branch, factory, warehouse, worksite, transportation terminal, workshop, farm, mine, storage area, saw mill, timberland, oil or gas well, refinery or generating station occupied or used during a year or part of the year. - Up to $200,000 - .98%
- $200,000-$230,000 - 1.101%
- $230,000-$260,000- 1.223%
- $260,000-$290,000- 1.344%
- $290,000-$320,000- 1.465%
- $320,000-350,000 - 1.586%
- $350,000-380,000 - 1.708%
- $380,000- $400,000 - 1.829%
Over 400,000 - 1.95%
- Came into force on January 1 2004.
- Applies to all organizations.
- applies to the use and disclosure of personal information, but does not apply to the collection of that personal information, including employee personal information, that was collected prior to January 1, 2004.
- Sections 13,16,19 allow for the collection, use and disclosure of employee personal information without consent if it reasonably required for the purpose of establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship.
- BC requires that an organization inform individuals that it will be collecting, using or disclosing employee personal information and the reason it is doing so, except if required or authorized by law.
- If a job applicant is not hired, all personal information must be destroyed.