Terms in this set (9)
Canada's most important trading partner
Export of Canada
natural resource-based products make up over half of Canada's goods exports: agriculture, energy, forestry, and industrial goods and materials
Import of Canada
concentrated in finished goods: machinery and equipment, automotive products, and consumer goods
Exports 30 % of GDP
Imports 32 % of GDP
General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)
Goal of GATT was to reduce barriers to international trade.
- Apply any tariffs equally to all countries.
- Reductions in tariffs were to be the result of multilateral negotiations.
- Quotas were to be replaced by tariffs.
World Trade Organization (WTO)
- resolves international trade disputes.
- replaced GATT in 1995.
- has over 140 member nations
The European Union (EU)
- largest regional trading bloc in the world.
- allows for free movement of labour and capital between member nations.
North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Eliminate trade barriers over 15 years.
- Promote fair competition.
- Increase investment opportunities.
- Protect intellectual property rights.
- Resolve trade disputes.
AND NOW: CUSMA
Why do economies trade?
Voluntary trade occurs because the participants feel that they are better off because of the trade.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
nature of international trade
Chapter 12 International Trade
Econ unit 5
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Chapter 14: GDP
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Biochem - Topic 3
DNA (march 14)