Upgrade to remove ads
History and career opportunities
Terms in this set (25)
1. African civilization had a variety of hairstyles that were used as a symbol of tribal traditions and conveyed a message of age, marital status, and rank.
2. Which of the following civilizations was the first to infuse essential oils from the leaves, bark, and blossoms of plants for use as perfumes and for purification purposes?
The ancient were the first to cultivate beauty in an extravagant fashion.
4. To achieve a look of greater intelligence during the Renaissance, women
d. shaved their eyebrows and hairline
5. During the Middle Ages, women wore colored makeup on their
6. In ancient Rome, hair color was used by women to indicate
class in society
7. The ancient Greeks made lavish use of perfumes and cosmetics for grooming, medicinal purpose, and
During the ———-, woman commonly used henna to satin their hair and nails a rich red.
If you were a middle-class woman in ancient Rome, you would color your hair ——— to indicate your class
Victorian woman ——- to induce natural color
Pinched her cheeks
The onset of led to a new prosperity in the United States, during which all forms of beauty began to follow the trends set by celebrities and society figures.
The makeup developed by was popular with movie stars because it would not cake or crack, even under hot studio lights.
Gloria Swanson and helped glamorize the hip new nail lacquer trend in the 1930s by wearing matching polish on their fingers and toes.
By 1925, the Associated Master of America (AMBBA) established Council with the goal of standardizing the National Education Barbers and Beauticians requirements for barber schools and barber instructor training, establishing curriculum, and setting forth protocols
State licensing laws
The world's first ammonia-free haircolor was invented by in 1985
holds the key to individual development and personal motivation, gives you knowledge and confidence, and provides you the best opportunity to advance your career and achieve real success.
17. A provides a connection between salons and their staff and the rest of the beauty industry by providing information about new products, new trends, and new techniques.
d. distributor sales consultant
In order to get experience providing hairstyling services film and TV sets, you should be prepared to for a period of time.
work without implements
To be successful salon manager, you must have aptitude for math and accounting and understand
The curling iron was invented by
Most manufacturers consider the creative director to be and the driving force behind brand success.
an executive-level position
In 1932, Lawrence Gelb, a New York chemist, introduced the first permanent haircolor product and founded a company called —————:
The individual credited with coining the term day spa is
The beauty icon who turned the hairstyling world on its ear with revolutionary geometric cuts was
b. Vidal Sassoon
The second half of the twentieth century saw the introduction of tube mascara, improved hair care and nail products, and the boom and of the weekly salon appointment.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
History & Careers Opportunities CH.1
Milady Exam Review 2016 Ch. 1
Milady Exam Review Chapter 1 History and Career Op…
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Chapter 1 History & Career Opportunity
Chapter 20, Chemical Texture Services
Chapter32. The salon Business
Chapter 31, On the Job
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Accounting Chapter 10 True/False
OB Womens Health Timelines
Bio Chapter 9
Regulation of Dietary Supplements/Evidence-based M…