Terms in this set (1049)
Flickr Creative Commons Images
Some images used in this set are licensed under the Creative Commons through Flickr.com.
Click to see the original works with their full license.
- a nurse is in a client's room preparing to administer docusate sodium (Colace) PO & acetaminophen (Tylenol) PO. the client refuses to take the medications because of nausea. what action should the nurse take?
- an older adult pt in a long-term care facility is receiving intermittent enteral feedings in his room. his affect is flat, & the nurse suspects that he's feeling isolated. what intervention is appropriate for this pt?
- to prevent a common complicate of continuous enteral tube feedings, a nurse should
- what formula is appropriate to administer to a pt who has a dysfunctional gastrointestinal tract?
- a nurse is performing a nutritional assessment. when obtaining & interpreting anthropometric values, the nurse should recognize what?
- what interventions should a nurse use at mealtimes for a pt who has visual deficits?
- what strategies for enhancing the intake of healthful foods is appropriate for an adolescent?
- a nurse is caring for a pt who has a nasogastric tube connected to suction. what should indicate to the nurse that the tube has become occluded?
- when using chilled normal saline solution during gastric lavage, the nurse should watch for what complications?
- an occupational health nurse is caring for an employee who was exposed to an unknown dry chemical, resulting in a chemical burn. what interventions should the nurse include in the plan of care?
- a security officer is reviewing actions to take in the event of a bomb threat by phone to a group of nurses. what following statements by a nurse indicates understanding of proper procedure?
- a nurse in a provider's office is assessing a client who reports losing control of urine whenever she coughs, laughs, or sneezes. the client relates a hx of 3 vaginal births, but no serious accidents/illnesses. what interventions are appropriate for helping to control/eliminate the client's incontinence?