- Myelinization of other areas of the brain, such as those involved in perception, motor skills, and memory, leads to better capacity in terms of memory and perceptual-motor coordination
- Stronger connectivity between synapses has been implicated in better working memory-related brain activity in childhood
- Myelinization stops working in the corpus callosum during the preschool years.
- The connective tissues on neurons that are understimulated are "pruned" back, and the pruning continues through the preschool years and again in adolescence
- When possible, allow children to pick among different healthy foods.
- Allow children to eat foods in any order they want.
- Force children to eat new foods.
- Offer children new foods one at a time and in small amounts.
Sets found in the same folder
Other sets by this creator
The following transactions occur for Cardinal Music Academy during the month of October: a. Provide music lessons to students for $17,000 cash. b. Purchase prepaid insurance to protect musical equipment over the next year for$4,200 cash. c. Purchase musical equipment for $20,000 cash. d. Obtain a loan from a bank by signing a note for$30,000. Record the transactions. The company uses the following accounts: Cash, Prepaid Insurance, Equipment, Notes Payable, and Service Revenue.
Henderson Fishing Charters has collected the following data for the December 31 adjusting entries:
a. The company received its electric bill on December 20 for $150 but will not pay it until January 5. (Use the Utilities Payable account.) b. Henderson purchased a nine-month boat insurance policy on November 1 for$8,100. Henderson recorded a debit to Prepaid Insurance. c. As of December 31, Henderson had earned $4,000 of charter revenue that has not been recorded or received. d. Henderson's fishing boat was purchased on January 1 at a cost of$80,500. Henderson expects to use the boat for five years and that it will have a residual value of $5,500. Determine annual depreciation assuming the straight-line depreciation method is used. e. On October 1, Henderson received$5,000 prepayment for a deep-sea fishing charter to take place in December. As of December 31, H enderson has completed the charter.
- Journalize the adjusting entries needed on December 31 for Henderson Fishing Charters. Assume Henderson records adjusting entries only at the end of the year.
- If Henderson had not recorded the adjusting entries, indicate which specific category of accounts on the financial statements would be misstated and if the misstatement is overstated or understated. Use the following table as a guide: