Lead Software Engineer - Ads & Partnerships
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
Quizlet is a leading company in consumer learning technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is robust with two strong revenue streams — advertisements and paid subscriptions. Our ads business allows us to offer amazing study tools to millions of students around the globe for free. This is an exciting time to work on our ads products, because we've only scratched the surface. We're eagerly looking forward to creating unique Quizlet-native ad offerings sold through direct deals.
Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
- Architect and build a scalable ad and partnerships platform
- Build features and ship experiments using React/Redux
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers to design and implement APIs
- Build automation and abstractions (such as reusable UI components) to improve development speed
- Integrate with external ad sdks and partner APIs
- Participate in design, code, and architecture reviews
- Investigate new technologies that may be of use to the team
- Developing an integration solution that enables seamless studying across learning platforms
- Building a performant video ad product with controls to deliver a useful ad experience to our users
- Provide and evaluate metrics to ensure we are providing an ad experience with minimal distraction
- Sharing our best practices through technical blog posts, meet-ups, and conferences
- 4+ years of experience building rich, interactive web applications
- Well-rounded full-stack expertise:
- Experience working with server-side MVC web frameworks and REST APIs
- Experience working on large-scale consumer websites, with attention to scalability and performance concerns
- Excitement about the impact your work could have on the lives of students and teachers every day
- Familiarity with ads concepts like video ads, header bidding, takeovers, and viewability
- Experience integrating with an ad server - ideally with Google Ad Manager (DFP)
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!