Product Support Specialist
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
As a Product Support Specialist, you are a subject matter expert for multiple product areas at Quizlet. You enable our Support and Self-Service teams to effectively help users by applying your product expertise to our support strategies. You also enable cross-functional development teams by providing recommendations that you cultivate from analyzing user support trends and other data.
Quizlet is a leading company in consumer learning technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is robust with two strong revenue streams — advertisements and paid subscriptions. Our ads business allows us to offer amazing study tools to millions of students around the globe for free. Our premium subscriptions give students and teachers the ability to create custom content and access learning analytics tools. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
As a Product Support Specialist, you are focused on delivering quality experiences to users. You work with keen attention to detail and a data-driven mindset, whether handling large projects or responding directly to users. You bring a strong sense of ownership to your product areas while understanding and being supportive of the broader product, team, and company landscape. Your success is measured by the impact you have on helping to achieve User Ops team goals and your ability to support the goals relevant to your product areas.
In the Product Support Specialist role you will:
- Be the primary subject matter expert for multiple product areas, developing a deep understanding of how things work and where both issues and opportunities exist
- Partner with the Support Operations team to enable the success of our front-line agents by developing and maintaining process documentation, conducting training, and maintaining email templates
- Provide direct support on select cases relevant to your product areas, including escalations and cases designated as Tier 3
- Partner with the Self-Service team to drive self-service outcomes for questions and issues, taking ownership to ensure that content and experiences are up to date and accurate
- Identify patterns and opportunities through analyzing user support metrics, feature requests, and other data
- Triage, file, and prioritize bugs for product development teams to address. Connect product development teams to the ongoing issues that users are facing and advocate for action to address the issues
- Coordinate the User Ops response to product launches and ongoing product development
- Help develop internal product documentation to promote understanding and clarity of functionality across the organization
- Partner with other functions across the company to support the company and cross-functional objectives related to your product support areas
- Help build and shape the processes and deliverables that define the Product Support Specialist role
- 1+ years of experience as a Product Specialist or similar role
- Demonstrated ability to work with and interpret user support data
- Strong judgment and ability to operate autonomously
- Ability to effectively communicate complex problems
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing work and collaborating cross-functionally
- A desire to help users and improve the user experience
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!