This class has 25 sets
J1 Summer 2012, UC Berkeley
Hi! If you guys see mistakes on the flashcards or have comments just use the discussion boxes on the set or group and I will fix them. ^_^
TIPS FOR TYPING IN JAPANESE (on Macs using Kotoeri- sorry I can't speak for PCs):
1. It's easiest to keep your keyboard language on HIRAGANA input at all times.
2. To quickly switch to KATAKANA: hold down the shift key while typing.
3. For SUBSCRIPT (small tsu, small ya/yu/yo, etc.) type "x" before the character that you want to be small. Example: ki + xyo + u + to = きょうと (kyoto). You can also just type kyo + u + to = きょうと (kyoto). However this doesn't work for certain characters, especially anything with し or シ (like しゃ、しょ、しゅ) because the computer reads "shya" as "s+hya" (sひゃ）instead of "shi+ya".
4. For KANJI: type the word/phrase in hiragana, then press the "space" button, and it will turn into kanji. If the supplied kanji character is wrong press "space" once more to bring up the kanji selection menu. Then search for the correct kanji, select it and press "enter/return."
5. For ん it's sometimes helpful to type "nn".