2019 CENGAGE UNLIMITED BACK TO SCHOOL GIVEAWAY - OFFICIAL RULES
Sponsored by Quizlet, Inc. (“Sponsor”). NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The 2019 CENGAGE UNLIMITED BACK TO SCHOOL GIVEAWAY (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States age 18 or older at time of entry. Employees of the Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by the rules of the Sweepstakes (“Official Rules”), and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Quizlet as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Sweepstakes.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted starting on August 13, 2019 12:00am GMT and ending August 20, 2019 at 11:59pm GMT (“Contest Period”).
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry:
- Method #1: Complete our Contest Form by providing the required information, including contact email address and full name. Your entry (collectively referred as “Form Entry”) must be received during the Contest Period.
- Method #2: Once you have completed your initial Form Entry, you have the option to submit more entries (collectively referred to as “Social Entries”) during the Contest Period via the Contest Form. These options are as follows:
- a) Referring friends by email, Twitter or Facebook
- b) Following Quizlet on Twitter
- c) Downloading the Quizlet mobile app
Form Entries and Social Entries are collectively referred to hereafter as “Submissions”. Incomplete Submissions will not be accepted. You may complete a maximum of 6 Submissions each day of the Contest Period. No mechanically reproduced Submissions are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such Submissions by such methods. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, misdirected, altered, illegible or corrupted Submissions. All Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
5. Prize Winner Selection: Two (2) winner (“Winners”) will be selected randomly from all eligible Submissions received. The selection will be overseen by the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified via the email submitted through their Form Entry.
6. Rights to the Submission: Entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid up, transferable right and license, with a right to sublicense through multiple tiers, to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, sell and offer for sale, distribute copies of, perform and display publicly, and otherwise exploit Entrant’s Submission, in any manner in which Sponsor sees fit, in any and all media, now existing or hereafter developed. Entrant represents, warrants and covenants that Entrant’s Submission (i) is original and of entrant's own creation, (ii) has not been entered in any other competition or contest, including other competitions or contests conducted by Sponsor, (iii) does not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties, or third party rights of publicity or rights of privacy, (iv) is not offensive or defamatory and does not contain vulgar or profane language, as determined by the judges and the Sponsor, and (v) does not violate the Quizlet Terms of Service, Community Guidelines or Honor Code. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against Sponsor, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Submission as provided herein, infringes any of entrant’s rights as creator of the Submission, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights or “droit moral.”
7. Prizes: Winners will each receive a promotional code for a four-month Cengage Unlimited subscription (value of $119.99). No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner.
8. Odds: The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Submissions received.
9. Notification of Prize Winner: Winner will be contacted directly via email. Sponsor will notify the prize winner by email within one (1) business day of selection, and the prize winner may be asked to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or, where applicable, an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner can be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Submission will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
10. Disclaimers; Indemnity; Limitation of Liability: The Contest is offered by Sponsor, 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA which is not responsible for (a) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable Submissions, responses, or other correspondence, whether by email or postal mail or otherwise; (b) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of Submission materials; or (c) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
11. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, (“Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, and proceedings of any kind threatened, asserted or filed against Sponsor and/or any Indemnified Party by any third party (collectively "Claims"), and any damages, losses, expenses, liabilities or costs of any kind, (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees, witness fees and court costs) incurred in connection with such Claims, that in any way arise from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) arising out of or relating to any breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation or covenant made by Entrant herein, (ii) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; and (ii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor will provide Entrant reasonably prompt written notice of any such Claims and provide Entrant with reasonable information and assistance, at Entrant’s expense, to help Entrant to defend such Claims. Entrant will not have any right, without Sponsor’s written consent, to settle any such claim if such settlement contains a stipulation to or admission or acknowledgment of, any liability or wrongdoing (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) on the part of the Sponsor or otherwise requires Sponsor to take or refrain from taking any material action (such as the payment of fees). In no event will Sponsor be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Contest, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsor HAs been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. SPONSOR’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO ANY ENTRANT UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR RELATING TO THE CONTEST WILL NOT EXCEED THE VALUE OF the PRIZE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
12. Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, and Sponsor’s website at quizlet.com or any of Quizlet’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn without additional compensation.
14. General: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its discretion. The Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Contest, entrant acknowledges that entrant has read these Official Rules and agrees to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern District of California or the state courts located in San Francisco County, California.
15. Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Quizlet Contest, 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94107 or (for Winner’s list only) send an email message to email@example.com with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and contest name specified in the body of the email as well as details of your request.
16. Quizlet’s Address: 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94107