5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The emergency procedure to gain access below a blocked airway is called a ___________.
- a windpipe
- b Are taken at the first sign of an attack to dilate the airways and make breathing easier. This medication is known as bronchodilators.
- c tracheotomy
- d Condition in which the lung fails to expand because air cannot pass beyond the bronchioles that are blocked by secretions.
- e Is an inflammation of the sinuses.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which are the smallest branches of the Bronchi.
- Means specialist.
- Are formed where the trachea divides into two branches known as the Primary Bronchi. Because of the similarity of these branching structures to an inverted tree, this is referred to as the Bronchial Tree with one brach giong into each lung.
- Inglammation of the visceral and parietal pleura in the toracic cavity.
5 True/False questions
The sudden spasmodic closure of the larynx is a/an ____________. → bronchioles
laryngoscopy → Visual examination of the bronchi using a bronchoscope.
(DYE-ah-fram) → Is the muscle that separates the thoracic cavity from the abdomen. It is the contraction and relaxation of this muscle that makes breathing possible. The Phrenic Nerves(FREN-ick) stimulate the diaphragm and cause it to contract.
apnea → Absence of spontaneous respiration.
The term meaning pain in the pleura or side is _________. → silicosis