5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The smallest divisions of the bronchial tree are the ___________.
- The sudden spasmodic closure of the larynx is a/an ____________.
- a An abnormal condition caused by dust in the lungs that usually develops after years of environmental or occupationa contact.
- b Acute respiratory syndrome in children and infants characterized by obstruction of the larynx, hoarseness, and a barking cough.
- c laryngospasm
- d Also known as Whooping Cough, is a contagious bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract that is characterized by recurrent bouts of a paroxysmal cough, followed by breathlessness, and a noisy inspiration.
Paroxysmal means sudden or spasm-like.
- e bronchioles
5 Multiple choice questions
- Is a breathing sound caused by a partially obstructed airway.
- Also known as AIR Sacs, are the very small grape-like clusters found at the end of each bronchiole. Each lung contains millions of alveoli that are filled with air fro the bronchioles.
- visceral pleura
5 True/False questions
-pharynx → Means Paralysis.
bradypnea → Abnormally slow rate of respiration; usually less than 10 breathes per minute.
bronchorrhea → Means abnormal discharge.
(em-fih-SEE-mah) → Is the progressive loss of lung function that is characterized by (1)a decrease in the total number of alveoli,(2) The enlargement of the remaining alveoli, and (3) The progressive destruction of the walls of the remaining alveoli.
As the alveoli are destroyed, breathing becomes increasingly rapid, shallow, and difficult. In and effort to compensate for the loss of capacity, the lungs expand, and the chest sometimes assumes an enlarged barrel shape.
The term _________ means an abnormally rapid rate of respiration. → tachypnea