5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Left Lung
- The smallest divisions of the bronchial tree are the ___________.
- upper respiratory infection
- a Has only two lobes: The superior and inferior. It is slightly smaller than the right lung because of the space taken up by the heart.
- b Visual examination of the bronchi using a bronchoscope.
- c Puncture of the chest wall with a needle to obtain fluid from the pleual cavity for diagnostic purposes, to drain pleural effusions or to reexpand a collapsed lung.
- d URI
- e bronchioles
5 Multiple choice questions
- Progressive loss of lung function due to a decrease in the total number of alveoli, the enlargement of the remaining alveoli, and then the progressive destruction of their walls.
- The condition that occurs when the body cannot get the air it needs to function.
- Is an inflammation of the sinuses.
5 True/False questions
sudden infant death syndrome → SIDS
The term meaning an absence of spontaneous respiration is _____. → apnea
pneumoconiosis → An abnormal condition caused by dust in the lungs that usually develops after years of environmental or occupationa contact.
hyperpnea → Difficult or labored breathing.
mediastinum → enlargement