5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- endotracheal intubation
- The __________ acts as a lid over the entrance to the esophagus.
- a Means Inflammation.
- b windpipe
- c The passage of a tube through the nose or mouth into the treachea to establish or maintain an open airway.
- d accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.
- e epiglottis
5 Multiple choice questions
- Creating an opening into the trachea and inserting a tube to facilitate the passage of air or the removal of secretions.
- Absence of spontaneous respiration.
- The loss of the ability of the laryns to produce normal speech sounds.
- Means abnirmal conditions.
5 True/False questions
The term meaning the surgical repair of the trachea is _____________. → hyperventilation
hypoxemia → A condition of having below normal oxygen level in the blood.
(per-TUS-is) → Also known as Whooping Cough, is a contagious bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract that is characterized by recurrent bouts of a paroxysmal cough, followed by breathlessness, and a noisy inspiration.
Paroxysmal means sudden or spasm-like.
acute respiratory distress syndrome → ARDS
trache/o → Means abnormal discharge.