Quizlet is committed to maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment for all students.
By using Quizlet you agree to follow these guidelines and adhere to our Terms of Service.
What Quizlet is for
Quizlet is for learning and teaching. We provide tools that empower and enable our users to study any subject, anywhere, anytime, in effective and engaging ways.
When using Quizlet, please remember to:
- Be kind and respectful — We're all on Quizlet to learn, and it's important that you treat others as you would like to be treated. Encouraging hatred or violence on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability is completely unacceptable on Quizlet, or on any other forum, as is creating content that threatens or harasses another person or group. We do not tolerate bullying of any kind.
- Keep it clean or make it private — Remember that Quizlet is used by students of all ages. If you are studying written quotes that contain swearing or profanity, songs with sexually suggestive lyrics, slang in another language or profanity in any other valid learning context, please exercise your best judgement in making this content public or private. Also, consider making your sets private if you are studying mature subject matter.
- Stay study-focussed — Using Quizlet should be fun and engaging, but our tools are not meant for social networking. We will remove content that is not study-focussed, including classes or accounts devoted to chatting with friends, sets resembling blog posts or fan fiction, as well as spam content with no learning value.
- Consider the hard work and the rights of others — Please do not knowingly post content that infringes on someone else's copyright. You can learn more about our copyright policy here.
- Honour academic integrity — It's simple: don't cheat. Quizlet is meant for learning, not cheating. Test banks, exam questions or other confidential course content should not be shared publicly on Quizlet. If you are a teacher or student and have found content that is negatively affecting your course, please report it and we will address the issue promptly.
We depend on our users not only to follow these guidelines, but also to report content or activity that goes against them. See our Reporting Inappropriate Content page for more information on how to report specific types of inappropriate content and behaviour on Quizlet.
Thank you for supporting our mission and keeping Quizlet a great learning environment for everyone!