Stages of life
Terms in this set (18)
There are 5 stages of life
Infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood and old age.
- From birth to 1 year old.
- Very fast growth.
- Acquisition of multiple skills (speaking, walking).
- Primary sexual characteristics distinguished from birth.
- Called baby / babies.
- From 1 year old to 11.
- Development of autonomy.
- Acquisition of high-level skills (reading, writing).
- Called toddlers for the first two years.
- Called child / children for the fourth year on.
- From 12 years old to 18.
- Critical turning point because of puberty.
- Maturation of the primary sexual characteristics
- Appearance of the secondary sexual characteristics.
- Called teenagers.
- From 19 years old to 65.
- The longest stage.
- Human beings are fully grown.
- They must provide entirely for themselves using the skills they learned throughout the first life stage.
- Called adults.
- From 65 years old till the end of life.
- Body and mind start to deteriorate.
- Ends with death.
- Called old man or old woman.
A human being during infancy.
A human being during the first two years of childhood.
A human being during the 4th year till 11th.
A human being during adolescence.
A human being during adulthood.
Old woman / old man
A human being during their old age.
Primary sexual characteristics
Sexual organs associated to gender.
Secondary sexual characteristics
Features that appear during puberty in humans.
General Secondary sexual characteristics
- Growth of pubic and armpit hair.
Secondary sexual characteristics in males
- Voice gets deeper.
- Shoulders broaden.
- Great growth of body and facial hair.
- Enlargement of the larynx (Adam's apple)
- Increased muscle mass and strength
Secondary sexual characteristics in females
- Enlargement of breasts.
- Widening of hips.
- Starting of the menstrual periods.
The period of life during which the sex organs mature and certain other parts of the body develop , and the individual becomes capable of sexual reproduction.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Human Growth and Development (Intro to Health Science)
Module 11 terms
HA Mod 10
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
A healthy lifestyle
Health and illness
Contemporary period glossary
Climates and Vegetation of Europe
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
The Nervous System
Physical or chemical change?