Related questions with answers
Name some of the reasons for the commercial importance of powder metallurgy technology.
Powder metallurgy (PM) is a processing industry where we produce products from metallic powders. Some most important aspects of powder metallurgy are:
- products can be mass-produced to net shape (or almost net shape)
- we have very little waste of material (around 97% material is used)
- we can manufacture porous metal parts, for example, fillers and oil-impregnated bearings,
- we can manufacture materials that can't be produced using other methods, for example, tungsten and other specific metal alloys,
- very high dimensional control,
- production can be automated for economic benefits.
Recommended textbook solutions
More related questions