5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Operating systems
- Language translators
- Software development
- a Systems software that convents code written in a programming language into machine language that the computer can understand.
- b Systems software that provides an interface between the user or application program and the computer hardware.
- c Intangible set of instructions that tells the computer what to do.
- d The process of starting a computer.
- e Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- Analyzing problems to correct faults in the system.
- Standard for computer ports that support data transfer rates of up to 12 million bits per second.
- Computer ports that can transmit data eight bits at a time; usually used by a printer.
- Expert computer users who invade someone else's computer either for personal gain or simply for the satisfaction of being able to do it.
5 True/False questions
Firewall → A computer program that is written to cause corruption of data.
Unix → The process of starting a computer.
Application software → Also called productivity software; helps you perform a specific task such as word processing, spreadsheets, and so forth.
Multitasking → Running two or more distinct computer operations simultaneously; one in the foreground, the other(s) in the background.
Systems software → A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.