5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Distinguish between chemically defined, complex and living media.
- Paul Ehrlich
- a Chemically defined have a know molecular formula
- b An organism with a growth temperature optimum of 15 degrees Celsius or lower and a maximum growth temperature below 20 degrees Celsius.
- c discovered the first antibacterial agent, a compound effective against the spirochete that causes syphilis
- d proposed classifying all life into three domains
- e whip-like structure used for motility
5 Multiple choice questions
- father of microscopy-developed powerful microscopes-first to see and write about bacteria, years plants, living organisms in drop of water and circulation of blood corpuscles in capillaries
- the scientific study of how living things are classified
- injecting a person with a small dose of a virus to help build up defenses to a disease
- it needs oxygen, but can only tolerate low concentrations of it.
- French chemist and biologist whose discovery that fermentation is caused by microorganisms resulted in the process of pasteurization (1822-1895); he cured his family with theory and thier rabies
5 True/False questions
trace elements → elements or minerals needed in very small amounts
doubling time → the time required for a population to double in size
aerobic → process that requires oxygen
halophile → an organism that can grow in, or favors environments that have very high salt concentrations
List and define the five methods of culturing microorganisms → 1.Incoulate 2.Incubate 3. Isolation 4.Inspection 5. Identification