5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pope Leo IX
- Pope Urban II
- Kilij Arslan
- a planned a surprise attack on the Crusaders with his 50,000 soldiers
- b Called the machine gun of the Middle Ages.
- c enforced Church laws against simony and the marriage of priests.
- d the river that Rome was built on.
- e the Pope that issued a plea that resulted in the First Crusade. Offered those going on the Crusades a "ticket to heaven"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Jews were subject to these violent attacks
- the Roman leader that suffered from epilepsy. Roman leader that said "The die is cast" and enslaved 500,000 people from Gaul after its conquest
- issued the bull that set up the tribunal court system to try heretics
- the split in the Church when you had a pope in Avignon and one in Rome.
- the General that when told to hand over his Army attacked Rome.
5 True/False questions
Alhambra Decree → a document guaranteeing basic political rights in England, drawn up by nobles and approved by King John in A.D. 1215
Corvus → the device that allowed the Romans to board enemy ships
Richard the Lion-Hearted → Joined the Third Crusade; heard that Jerusalem had fallen to the Muslims; left others to rule England
Spartacus → taught that the authority of the Bible was higher than that of the Pope.
Ottoman Turks → the Romans regularly used these to help fight germs and bacteria.