5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a God's communication to himself, by which he makes known the mystery of his divine plan
- b during the time of Jesus, an avid, contentious student and/or teacher of Jewish religious law
- c the dogma that reconizes the blessed vigin mary's singular participation in her son's ressurection
- d those books and passages of the Old and New Testaments about which there was controversy in early Christian history
- e the biginning of marrage in ancient times
5 Multiple choice questions
- pass down from one generation to another by word of mouth
- one of the archangels used by god many times
- method of Scriptural interpretation in which the author intends precisely what he was inspired to write
- those Books in the Bible, esp in the Old Testament, whose inspired character has never been questioned (by any Church Father). can be misleading b/c it was not the Church Fathers, but the Magisterium under the Pope that was divinely authorized
- The visit of the angel Gabriel to Mary to tell her that she would be the Mother of God and give birth to the Savior
5 True/False questions
deposit of faith → Hebrew for "anointed." This is used in reference to Jesus because he accomplished perfectly the divine mission of priest, prophet, and king, signified by his being anointed as Christ.
canon → the church's complete list of sacred books of the bible
private revelation → revelations made in the course of history which do not add to or form part of the deposit of faith, but rather may help people live out their faith more fully. Some have been recognized by the authority of the Church.
prepetual → from the hebrew word meaning "vision" or "revelation interpreted"
virginity → from the hebrew word meaning "vision" or "revelation interpreted"