5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The US agreed not to do what in order for Japan to surrender unconditionally?
- Which Polish city was the focal point of the German Invasion in 1939?
- Which General landed his American and British troops in Africa in Operation Torch in 1942?
- What made up 1% of the US Navy and sank 50% of the Japanese Navy in 1943?
- What two events strengthened the bond between the US and Great Britain in 1941?
- a Submarines (US U-boats)
- b Not put the emperor on trial
- c Dwight D. Eisenhower. (Advance on the Germans in Tunisia from west)
- d Danzig
- e Lend-Lease Act & Atlantic Charter
5 Multiple choice questions
- USSR and FInland; Finland won and proved to Hitler how easy it would be for him to attack the USSR and win.
- Winston Churchill
- Mongolia; Not to attack USSR; Army is better than Navy.
- Mass execution of Polish nationals carried out by the Soviet Secret Police.
5 True/False questions
What was Operation Husky in 1943? → Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)
In 1943 what did the Big Three decide on at Casablanca? → Germany surrender unconditionally
On what two islands did the United States defeat Japan in 1943? → Guadalcanal and Tarawa
In 1941, what led to the internment of Japanese-American citizens and much fear in Americans? → Relations are broken off, all Japanese assets in the USA are taken, and the USA will no longer sell oil to Japan.
What was the turning point of WWII (1943)? → Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)