5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Newton's 1st Law of Motion
- Balanced Forces
- Newton's 2nd Law of Motion
- a An object in motion will stay in motion unless a force acts on it. An object at rest will stay at rest unless a force acts on it.(No Net Force)
- b When 2 objects exert an equal and opposite force on each other.There is no movement!
- c the speed & direction of an object's motion
- d the relationship between mass, acceleration & force. Force = Mass X Acceler.
- e ends of magnets and the North Pole and South Pole: Positive & Negative poles, opposites attract (a + and - or (North & South); like poles repel (push away: South & South, North & North, 2 + or 2-)
5 Multiple choice questions
- movement of objects, people, or animals in many different directions
- a force that pulls everything toward the center of the Earth
- how far an object moves
- When the 1st object puts a force on a 2nd object, the 2nd object will put a force back on the 1st object as well. Exam: using a hammer to pound a nail, the hammer is creating a force on the nail and the nail is creating a force back on the hammer.
- When a force acts on an object and causes it to move (may be in the same direction or in opposite directions).
5 True/False questions
Equilibrium → the speed & direction of an object's motion
Point of Reference → When a force acts on an object and causes it to move (may be in the same direction or in opposite directions).
Inertia → the force that keeps objects moving in a straight line; resists a change in motion
Magnetism → a force that attracts certain metals and other magnets without touching; push or pulls on other objects
Speed → the distance an object moves during a certain amount of time (miles per second; mph) Average speed = Distance divided by time