5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Explain the bacterial growth curve and each stage
- List the factors necessary for bacterial growth and indicate the purpose of each one.
- a Lag Phase, Exponential Phase, Stationary Phase, Death Phase
- b it needs oxygen, but can only tolerate low concentrations of it.
- c Faught for recognition of bacterial infection and push for disinfection techniques
- d material spread on a surface (as of a microscopic slide)
- e Essential organic nutrients & Not synthesized by the microscope and must be supplemented
5 Multiple choice questions
- an organism of microscopic size
- the study of microorganisms
- Chemically defined have a know molecular formula
- The genius is listed first and is capitalized , then comes the species which is in lower case
- Image is viewed against a dark backround.
5 True/False questions
trace elements → can only survive in aerobic conditions
Robert Koch → liquid media used for growing cells
biogenesis → production of a chemical compound by a living organism
Anton van Leeuwenhoek → United States geneticist who (with Crick in 1953) helped discover the helical structure of DNA (born in 1928)
thermophiles → bacteria that survives in temperatures from 45 C-110 C; grows in very hot conditions