5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In 1941, What helped convince Japan to go to war with the US?
- What country did Japan and the Soviet Union fight over in 1939? What lesson did Japan learn from this?
- What did the USSR
liberate in Poland?
- What happened at the Yalta Conference?
- What two events strengthened the bond between the US and Great Britain in 1941?
- a Relations are broken off, all Japanese assets in the USA are taken, and the USA will no longer sell oil to Japan.
- b Post- war borders of Germany
- c German death camp: Auschwitz
- d Mongolia; Not to attack USSR; Army is better than Navy.
- e Lend-Lease Act & Atlantic Charter
5 Multiple choice questions
- The capture of Paris; (France surrendered to Germany in the same place in WWII as the place where Germany surrendered to France in WWI)
- WWII may be worse for Germany than WWI
- An attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, to destroy the US Pacific Fleet.
5 True/False questions
What country built the Maginot Line? Did it successfully serve its purpose? → France; No.
What was the turning point of WWII (1943)? → Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)
What happened in the Battle of Midway? (1941) → American fleet met a larger Japanese fleet trying to capture Midway Island. The Americans defeated the Japanese.
What made up 1% of the US Navy and sank 50% of the Japanese Navy in 1943? → To force surrender
In 1943 what did the Big Three decide on at Casablanca? → Germany surrender unconditionally