5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Clement V
- Dark Ages
- a the river that Rome was built on.
- b the pope that moved from Rome to Avignon.
- c the years 500 to 1000
- d Roman Catholic tribunal for investigating and prosecuting charges of heresy—especially the one active in Spain during the 1400s.
- e the word for leather tent in Latin
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ordered the Jews to leave Spain on pain of death in 1492
- the Roman leader that attacked Carthage 204 B.C.
- the selling or buying of a position in a Christian church
- They used their knowledge of Aristotle to debate many issues of their time.
- established in 1481 by Ferdinand and Isabela.
5 True/False questions
Henry II → one of the most powerful Capetian, ruled from 1180 to 1223.
Caligae → the heavy military sandals that used iron hob-nails as treads.
rack → this battle would decide the Second Punic War in favor of the Romans.
Pope Leo IX → the Pope that issued a plea that resulted in the First Crusade. Offered those going on the Crusades a "ticket to heaven"
Byzantium → The Roman short sword