5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Operating systems
- Systems software
- a Systems software that provides an interface between the user or application program and the computer hardware.
- b A computer program that is written to cause corruption of data.
- c The process of starting a computer.
- d Expert computer users who invade someone else's computer either for personal gain or simply for the satisfaction of being able to do it.
- e A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A combination of hardware and software that creates a buffer between an internal network and the Internet to prevent unauthorized access.
- Technology that allows a hardware component to be attached to a computer so that it is automatically configured by the operating system, without user intervention.
- Operating system developed by AT&T. It is considered portable, meaning it can run on just about any hardware platform.
- Systems software that convents code written in a programming language into machine language that the computer can understand.
- Also called productivity software; helps you perform a specific task such as word processing, spreadsheets, and so forth.
5 True/False questions
User interface → Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
Surge protectors → Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
Network operating system → Systems software that provides an interface between the user or application program and the computer hardware.
Graphical user interfaces → Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.
Uninterruptible power supply → A battery power source that provides electric current during a power outage.