5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did the New Deal alter the course of America's government?
- Amendment 10
- What is communism?
- What was America's first national constitution, and when did it go into effect?
- Amendment 8
- a Excessive bail, fines and punishment prohibited
- b Powers reserved to states and people
- c It created big government, welfare, and Social Security, and signified a shift in the government's role - from protecting to providing for Americans.
- d A political theory derived from Karl Marx, a classless society where all property is owned by the people and each person is paid and works according to their needs and abilities.
- e The Articles of the Confederation, which took effect in 1781.
5 Multiple choice questions
- memoriā teneō,
(tenēre, tenuī, tentus, 2nd)
- Succession to the Presidency
- Right to vote not denied by race, color or slavery
- Everything, including the soul, consists of tiny particles of matter.
(cognōscere, cognōvī, cognitus, 3rd)
5 True/False questions
am away/distant → absum,
(abesse, āfuī, āfutūrus, intr.)
(ā, ab with ablative)
What was the Northwest Ordinance and what did it prohibit? → A document that set rules for creating new states. It prohibited slavery.
from/on all sides → To reform the church from the inside.
Descartes → Different forms of reality; thought and extension.
injustice, wrong → injūria, injūriae