5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The group that held most of the power in Rome.
- b the Roman leader that attacked Carthage 204 B.C.
- c the military unit of the Roman Empire were organized into these.
- d Today known as Istanbul
- e Constantine moved the capital of the Roman Empire here.
5 Multiple choice questions
- succeeded Louis the Sluggard, he was an undistinguished duke from the middle of France.
- the group that would eventually defeat the Byzantine emperors
- professionalized the Roman Army.
- what was the first enemy city confronted by the Crusaders
- the leader of the Greek Orthodox Church that asked Urban II for help.
5 True/False questions
Jan Hus → taught that the authority of the Bible was higher than that of the Pope.
Spartacus → the leader that led a rebellion of slaves in 70 B.C. against the Roman empire
Pope Leo IX → enforced Church laws against simony and the marriage of priests.
Strappado → form of torture that involved hanging from your arms
rack → Form of torture that involved rollers and a handle.