5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- access time
- nonvolatile memory
- a a unique number that identifies the location of a byte in memory
- b doen't lose its contents when power is removed from the computer
- c the amount of time it takes the processor to read data, instructions, and info from memory
- d numbers
- e 1,024 bytes
5 Multiple choice questions
- servers as the interface between the user, the application software, and the computer. the operating systems. it runs the whole computer.
- the process of carrying out the commands
- allows the spreadsheets ti display its data in visual form
- a piece of semi-conducting material on which integrated circuits are etched.
- allow users to create and edit images. common editing tasks- resizing, cropping, retouching, color correcting, compositing, applying filters
5 True/False questions
font → desktop programs
8 key pieces to make a computer → use continuous signals to represent data and info
custom → pay for someone to customize your software just for you.
decoding → refers to the process of translating the instruction into signals the computer can execute
Control Unit → responsible for fetching an instruction into the registers within a processor and analyzing that instruction to determine what needs to be done.