5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a When all the forces act on an object that are balanced and the object doesn't move; no net force.
- b how far an object moves
- c a push or pull that acts on an object
- d the speed & direction of an object's motion
- e Work in measured in units called Joules (not the ones I wear)
5 Multiple choice questions
- the force that slows down objects by rubbing against them
- When a force acts on an object and causes it to move (may be in the same direction or in opposite directions).
- work is done in a certain time. Work divided by time = power; measured in Watts
- When the 1st object puts a force on a 2nd object, the 2nd object will put a force back on the 1st object as well. Exam: using a hammer to pound a nail, the hammer is creating a force on the nail and the nail is creating a force back on the hammer.
- will demonstrate in class
5 True/False questions
Unbalanced Forces → When 1 object exerts more force on another object and movement occurs. Forces may be in the same direction or opposite directions, but there is movement. There is a Net Force.
Simple Machine → a machine made of more than one simple machine
Poles → work is done in a certain time. Work divided by time = power; measured in Watts
Acceleration → the rate when velocity changes over time
Motion → movement of objects, people, or animals in many different directions