5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Complex Machine
- a a machine made of more than one simple machine
- b the force that keeps objects moving in a straight line; resists a change in motion
- c Work in measured in units called Joules (not the ones I wear)
- d a force that attracts certain metals and other magnets without touching; push or pulls on other objects
- e a push or pull that acts on an object
5 Multiple choice questions
- When 1 object exerts more force on another object and movement occurs. Forces may be in the same direction or opposite directions, but there is movement. There is a Net Force.
- a tool or device that makes work easier by changing the direction or the amount of force needed to move an object; DOES NOT make less work.
- When a force acts on an object and causes it to move (may be in the same direction or in opposite directions).
- Force is measured in units called Newtons (not the cookie)
- will demonstrate in class
5 True/False questions
Power → work is done in a certain time. Work divided by time = power; measured in Watts
Newton's 2nd Law of Motion → the relationship between mass, acceleration & force. Force = Mass X Acceler.
Equilibrium → When all the forces act on an object that are balanced and the object doesn't move; no net force.
Newton's 1st Law of Motion → When the 1st object puts a force on a 2nd object, the 2nd object will put a force back on the 1st object as well. Exam: using a hammer to pound a nail, the hammer is creating a force on the nail and the nail is creating a force back on the hammer.
Electricity → the speed & direction of an object's motion