5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ma'arat al-Numan
- Bubonic Plague
- a one of the most famous Muslim leaders of the 1100s who wished to chase the Crusaders back into their own territories.
- b This is where Christians would commit the most evil atrocity of the Crusades.
- c one-third of the population of Europe died of this.
- d relating to a style of church architecture that developed in medieval Europe, featuring ribbed vaults, stained glass windows, flying buttresses, pointed arches and tall spires.
- e a body of representatives that makes laws for a nation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the everyday language of people in a region or country.
- The Latin Word for the Roman javelin.
- the selling or buying of a position in a Christian church
- Tried to recapture Jerusalem 1212 . Almost all were killed or enslaved.
- In the battle here, the longbow not chivalry won the day.
5 True/False questions
Spanish Inquisition → established in 1481 by Ferdinand and Isabela.
Moors → Muslims of Spain
Estates-General → an assembly
Longbow → Called the machine gun of the Middle Ages.
Caligae → the heavy military sandals that used iron hob-nails as treads.