5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Software development
- User interface
- a The process of starting a computer.
- b Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
- c Intangible set of instructions that tells the computer what to do.
- d A computer program that is written to cause corruption of data.
- e Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A battery power source that provides electric current during a power outage.
- Running two or more distinct computer operations simultaneously; one in the foreground, the other(s) in the background.
- Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.
- A combination of hardware and software that creates a buffer between an internal network and the Internet to prevent unauthorized access.
5 True/False questions
Plug and play → Technology that allows a hardware component to be attached to a computer so that it is automatically configured by the operating system, without user intervention.
Parallel ports → Computer ports that can transmit data eight bits at a time; usually used by a printer.
Modem → Communications hardware device that facilitates the transmission of data
Graphical user interfaces → An operating system with graphical symbols representing files, programs, and documents.
Utility software → A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.